news & announcements
In the Media
- Margot paid a visit to the History of Literature podcast to discuss The Hidden Machinery. (March 2018)
- A lovely review of The Hidden Machinery has been posted by The Woven Tale Press. (October 2017)
- Fiction Writers Review has published an interview with Margot focused on her latest book, The Hidden Machinery. (September 2017)
- Margot contributed to the History of Literature podcast, discussing Jane Eyre, The Good Soldier and Giovanni's Room. (February 2017)
- An Insider's View Of The Women's March: The Power of Peaceful Protest - Margot writes that the Women's March in Washington—a half-million protesters, no arrests—demonstrates the power of bringing together people of different ages, colors, faiths and sexual orientations. (January 2017)
- A new interview with Margot is available at Herstory Novels, a site focused on historical fiction by women, about women. (January 2017)
- The blog Necessary Fiction has published an interview with Margot. (December 2016)
- Margot was interviewed in November by author James Scott, for his podcast TK. (December 2016)
- Mercury has been chosen by Bookpage, Barnes and Noble, and the Seattle Times to be on their respective "Best Books of 2016" lists. (December 2016)
- Mercury has been selected by Kirkus Reviews for its "Best Fiction of 2016" list. (November 2016)
- An audio interview with Margot discussing becoming a writer, publishing, and craft has been published online by Writers on Record. (November 2016)
- The Millions has published an interview with Margot. (November 2016)
- Margot has contributed to the blogs Writers Read and The Page 69 Test, where she discusses what she's been reading as well as what "page 69" of her new novel Mercury says about the book. (October 10, 2016)
- Read a new interview with Margot featured in WordMothers (April 13, 2015)
- Margot's latest entry on WBUR's "Cognoscenti" blog reflects on Election Day.
- A podcast with the National Endowment for the Arts features Margot discussing The Flight of Gemma Hardy.
- Margot has contributed an entry to Boston's WBUR public radio station's "Cognoscenti" blog entitled, "Surprises at the Zoo." Read more
- NEIBA, the New England Independent Booksellers Association, has honored The Flight of Gemma Hardy with its 2012 book award in Fiction.
- The Flight of Gemma Hardy has been featured in a guest blog by Debra Spark on Amanda Stern's "Happy Endings" music and reading series.
- BookPage.com has featured a lovely recommendation of The Flight of Gemma Hardy in its latest "paperback releases for reading groups" update (June 30, 2012)
- Listen to Margot's interview with The Avid Reader podcast.
You can also download this (and other podcasts featuring Margot) from iTunes.
- An interview with the Duxbury Clipper (Massachusetts) (March, 2012)
- Author Emily Gray Tedrowe has written a lovely piece in her online journal about The Flight of Gemma Hardy (March, 2012)
- Largehearted Boy is featuring book notes from Margot on The Flight of Gemma Hardy along with a recommend music playlist (February, 2012)
- "Following in the footsteps of a legendary heroine", Amy Scribner of BookPage discusses The Flight of Gemma Hardy with Margot (January, 2012)
2008 - 2010
- "Books I love: Eva Moves the Furniture", LeahStewart.com (August 9, 2010)
- Margot appears in an interview with Kim's Craft Blog. (September 28, 2009)
- Margot has published a review of Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections for The Millions and its "Best Fiction of the Millennium (so far)" series. (September 25, 2009)
- The House on Fortune Street has been selected by the Women's National Book Association as one of its nine "Great Group Reads" for 2009. (September 24, 2009)
- Margot has written a brief story, inspired by a cigarette case, for the Web site Significant Objects. You can bid on the actual cigarette case on eBay. (September 22, 2009)
- "Trust Craft More Than Inspiration, by Susan K. Perry, Ph.D., and featuring Margot, has appeared on Psychology Today's Web site. (September 20, 2009)
- A new interview with Margot has appeared in the blog "The Women's Colony," with writer "Mrs. G." (September 18, 2009)
- Listen to an interview (and a writing prompt) with Margot at Write the Book (April 6, 2009)
- The House on Fortune Street has won the 2009 L. L. Winship/PEN New England Award for fiction. (March 2009)
- The Wall Street Journal has cited Margot as a "great unknown writer."
- The House on Fortune Street was listed as a "best book" by Entertainment Weekly, the Chicago Tribune and the Miami Herald.
- Interview discussing The House on Fortune Street with Francine Rheannon — Writer's Voice (June 23, 2008)
- "Reaching and Secrets in 'House on Fortune Street' — Morning Edition, National Public Radio (June 2, 2008)
- "Romance Languages" — New York Times Book Review (June 1, 2008)
- "It's done when Margot says it's done" — The Boston Globe (May 27, 2008)
- Listen to Margot reading from The House on Fortune Street
New York State Writers Institute, State University of New York, 2012
Boston University "Conversations with Authors," 2011
Conversations with the Iowa Writers Workshop, April 2010